Spring Associate 2023New York, NYLos Angeles, CAMiami, FL
We are a growing team of communications professionals that help our clients define success for their business. We are unbound by tradition yet grounded in the fundamentals, and we work with category-leading startups in the financial services and the fintech industry from offer to IPO. We see ourselves as true partners to our clients and we are looking for entrepreneurial, driven, and passionate professionals to join our growing team.
The three-month program is aimed at highly-talented individuals who combine the ability to understand new business verticals and think quickly with the determination to excel. Throughout the program, peers and managers will be your continual source of guidance and support to further build your personal skills, and develop your professional competencies.
The Bevel culture is passionate, transparent, and driven to deliver exceptional results. The company is structured like a consultancy, similar to Bain or McKinsey, and does not adopt a traditional agency model. We like to hire a diverse set of candidates and most do not have a background in PR or within the industries we play in.
We view our Quarterly Associates as a critical member of our team and we provide them with the opportunity to engage in all aspects of our business, from strategy development to media and conference pitching and internal operations.
You are a dynamic individual looking for experience that will jump-start your career at a consultancy that understands the importance of each and every team member. You are an eager learner, and hungry to prove yourself while learning the essentials (and the excitement) of consultancy life from leading communications professionals. You are confident in your writing skills and have a general understanding of the role of communications.
This is a paid position with a minimum of 25-hours/week (full-time preferred), and a minimum three-month engagement. Candidates may be recent graduates or students currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in communications, marketing, finance, business or related field. The salary ranges $16 to $20 per hour.
- Working directly with account leads and the junior team in executing client campaigns
- Actively develop and execute communications strategies, including media relations (pitch development, target identification, and reporter outreach) and conference/speaking opportunity outreach
- Participating in and contributing to brainstorms for new campaign ideas and initiatives that support client accounts
- Developing written materials, including press releases, contributed articles, client communications, etc.
- Contributing ideas on how to enhance the consultancy's growing culture
- Previous PR/Communications or marketing internship experience is preferred
- Interest in fintech, venture capital, and innovative technology companies
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to be in a highly visible role (internal team, clients, media, etc.)