Junior AssociateLos Angeles, CA
Bevel is searching for an energetic Junior Associate to join our quickly growing Santa Monica office. The new Junior Associate will work on communications strategy, planning, reporting, and engagement and outreach for technology, corporate, and consumer clients, and will also play an active role in new business efforts.
Bevel is a leading strategic communications consultancy with offices in NoHo, Santa Monica, and Miami. The firm specializes in providing a full range of solutions to help companies articulate their values and build lasting brands. Bevel’s team of influencers create breakthroughs between clients and their target audiences. Bevel is proud to represent leading companies in fintech, venture capital, enterprise software, consumer brands, and technology.
The Bevel culture is passionate, transparent and driven to deliver exceptional results. Services include digital and traditional media relations, crisis communications, public affairs, investor relations, advisory and consulting, custom-events, content creation, media training, and design services. The company is structured like a consultancy, similar to Bain or McKinsey, and does not adopt a traditional PR agency model.
- Support day-to-day communications program execution for two or more major clients
- Help develop strategic recommendations addressing challenges and opportunities for clients and prospects
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time and on budget
- Exhibit strong focus on traditional PR and technical writing and working with media
- Media relations, tracking, reporting and social media monitoring
- Attend meetings, troubleshoot problems, draft recaps
- Write, edit and proofread materials ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Report to all members of the team and will work with multiple simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience in PR; agency experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills, experience crafting pitches, releases, contributed articles
- Excellent verbal communication skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive and consistently meet deadlines is a must
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate closely with team members
- Solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they affect the client
- Attention to detail is key
- Medical, Vision and Dental Plan
- 401(k) Plan + Employer Match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Monthly Wellness and Physical Fitness Reimbursement
- Monthly Self-care Reimbursement, e.g., Drybar blowout, Dollar Shave Club subscription
- Professional development budget
- Commuter Benefits
- Access to and entry to high-profile events