AssociateLos Angeles, CA
Bevel is searching for an energetic Associate to join our quickly growing Santa Monica office. The new Associate will work on communications strategy, planning, reporting, and engagement and outreach for technology, corporate, and consumer clients, and will also play an active role in new business efforts.
Clients Bevel decides to take on are category leaders in venture capital, tech, fintech, and consumer tech.
The Bevel culture is passionate, transparent and driven to deliver exceptional results. The company is structured like a consultancy, similar to Bain or McKinsey, and does not adopt a traditional agency model. We like to hire a diverse set of candidates and most do not have a background in PR or within the industries we play in.
- Support day-to-day communications program execution for two or more major clients
- Help develop strategic recommendations addressing challenges and opportunities for clients and prospects
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time and on budget
- Exhibit strong focus on traditional PR and technical writing and working with media
- Media relations, tracking, reporting and social media monitoring
- Attend meetings, troubleshoot problems, draft recaps
- Write, edit and proofread materials ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Report to all members of the team and will work with multiple simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years of experience in PR; agency experience preferred
- Excellent writing skills, experience crafting pitches, releases, contributed articles
- Excellent verbal communication skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive and consistently meet deadlines is a must
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate closely with team members
- Solid grasp of all basic public relations tools and how they affect the client
- Strong strategic-thinking skills, and the ability to handle and manage stressful situations
- Attention to detail is key
- The salary range for this role is $61,000 to $70,000 USD.
- Medical and Dental Plan
- 401(k) Plan + Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time)
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement for Healthy Living ($70/mo)
- Professional development budget
- Commuter Benefits
- Monthly blowouts at the Dry Bar or Monthly subscription to The Shave Club
- Access to and entry to high-profile events